7th & 8th June 2014
The Edinburgh Meadows Festival is a free volunteer-run annual event featuring live music, merchandise, stalls, kids’ and adults’ activities and loads more. The first Meadows Festival took place in 1974 and since then the Festival has been an annual feature of the calendar.
The Festival Committee work hard throughout the year to put on the event, this year to be held on the 7th and 8th of June, including:
- Live music, with something to suit every musical taste!
- A popular Kids’ Area with activities to keep younger visitors entertained, including face painting, story telling and more
- General Merchandise stalls selling everything from antiques to clothing to fair trade products (and much more!)
- Information stalls of various types – local associations, campaigns, charities etc
- Food stalls to suit every taste and appetite
- A football competition in which various local primary schools compete
In 2013 over 20,000 people attended across the two days of the Festival, so it’s a busy and fun-filled couple of days!
The Meadows Festival Association (Charity SCO17116) runs the Festival. The current committee took over the running of the event from 2008 onwards, taking over from the previous organisers.
It costs approximately £20,000 to put on each years Festival and we are always open for donations, sponsorship etc. If you think you can help, please make a donation or, for companies, visit our sponsorship page. It is only through the generosity of the community that the event can go ahead, so please dig deep!
We are also looking for volunteers to help with the set-up and over the weekend. Click here for more information.
Please note that some of the items listed may change due to unforeseen circumstances, and the Meadows Festival Association does not guarantee attendance of any stall-holder or other third parties. Children and vulnerable adults are the responsibility of a parent or carer at all times.