The Festival Committee works hard to create the Meadows Festival every June. This year, we are happy to announce that the festival will take place on 4th & 5th June 2016.The Meadows Festival offers a wide range of activities for all ages, including:
- Live music, with something to suit every musical taste!
- A popular Kids’ Area with activities to keep younger visitors entertained, including face painting, story telling and more
- General Merchandise stalls selling everything from antiques to clothing to fair trade products (and much more!)
- Information stalls of various types – local associations, campaigns, charities etc
- Food stalls to suit every taste and appetite
- Performance area – local artists showcase their work including theatre, classes and dance
- Many more activities that will be made public closer to the event time.
In 2015 over 20,000 people attended the Meadows Festival, so it’s a busy and fun-filled couple of days!
The Meadows Festival Association (Charity SCO17116) runs the Festival. The current committee took over the running of the event from 2008 onwards, taking over from the previous organisers.
It costs approximately £20,000 to put on each years Festival and we are always open for donations, sponsorship etc. If you think you can help, please make a donation or, for companies, visit our sponsorship page. It is only through the generosity of the community that the event can go ahead, so please dig deep!
Huge thanks to the South Central Neighbourhood Partnership who have once again provided significant funding which enables the festival to happen.
We are also looking for volunteers to help with the set-up and over the weekend. Click here for more information.
Please note that some of the items listed may change due to unforeseen circumstances, and the Meadows Festival Association does not guarantee attendance of any stall-holder or other third parties. Children and vulnerable adults are the responsibility of a parent or carer at all times.