You don’t need any special skills, just a willingness to muck in and enjoy yourself at the same time. Generally, volunteers do multiple things over the weekend so you’ll never get bored! If you have a particular preference we can usually work this into the rota. Some of the tasks carried out include…
- helping stall holders find their pitch on the Saturday morning
- giving out programmes and answering questions from the public
- helping to open up the tents in the morning, and close them down at night
- general stewarding
- helping with the running of the Kids Tent or Festival Stage
- setting out chairs etc for the audience
- moving things to where they are needed
We also need people on the Thursday & Friday before the Festival (and the Monday after!) to help with things like…
- setting tents up
- erecting fences, barriers etc
- putting up signs
- laying out bins
- …and 101 other things!
All equipment is provided – you will be given a Meadows Festival laminate badge to keep and a stylish hi vis jacket for the duration of your shift. We provide free refreshments for volunteers – tea, coffee, juice, biscuits etc, plus a voucher each shift, which can be exchanged for a sandwich at the Pavilion Cafe, and you can do all this whilst enjoying the fun of the Festival!
You are more than welcome to come along just for part of the weekend if you are only available then – even if it’s a couple of hours, all help is appreciated. We’re usually on site from 7am until about 8pm on the Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
To apply to be a volunteer at the festival, please complete the following form and we’ll get back to you with more info: